I had originally posted this with a surf and turf combo I made but I’ve soon realized that it was worthy of it’s own post! This stuff is awesome and easy, my favorite combo! Funny… lot of boys back in the day have told me the same exact thing, isn’t that just the sweetest?!? (Really hoping you’ve read my blog before and “get” my sense of humor right about now.)
Anyways, this is awesome topped on steak or pretty much any veggie. Tonight I melted a bit down and rubbed it into some kale for kale chips. I’ve been a bit kale chipped out as of late but this perked my interest back up. You can melt it down and toss it with pretty much any veggie. Broccoli, cauliflower, sautéed spinach, artichoke. And finally, use to in the pan when you’re making your morning eggs. The possibilities are pretty endless. Baked sweet potato! That would be another great one, I’ll have to try that out.
herbed butter or ghee
Yield 4 -6
Herb infused butter or ghee
- 4 Tbsp room temp butter or ghee
- 2 tsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp maldon or sea salt
- Add ingredients to room temperature butter or ghee and combine thoroughly.
- Place back in refrigerator to chill until needed