I’m gonna try something new over here at the Whole Smiths. I’m going to start giving you flash recipe posts. The recipes are going to be easy peasy and I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum. Although, the senseless, irreverent jokes are kinda the best part, right?
This way, I can give you MORE recipes to choose from. I have a stash of recipes to share with you that I know you are going to love! All of my flash recipes will be ones that you can make easily with just a few ingredients and obviously loaded with flavor.
But again… I’ll keep the stories and jokes to a minimum. It’s going to be hard not to ramble and be goofy but I think I can do it. For you.
Without further yipping and yapping from me…
Roasted Carrots + Pine Nuts
Yield 4 -6
Roasted Carrots + Pine Nuts from the Whole Smiths. Easy-to-make and loaded with flavor as the sweetness from the carrots pairs perfectly with the pennants and herbs.
- 2 lbs. whole carrots
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/4 C. toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 415*
- Toss carrots, garlic, 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt together
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread carrots evenly across in one layer
- Remove garlic after 10 minutes of roasting and continue to roast carrots for an addition 15 minutes (for a total of 25 minutes)
- Meanwhile smash roasted garlic into a bowl
- Add 1/4 C. olive oil, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and salt to the bowl and combine well
- Once carrots are done, spoon pine nut mixture over top, sprinkle with chives and serve
Courses Side / Vegetable
Cuisine Paleo / Gluten-Free / Whole30