Cleane(er) Mason Jar Margaritas
These Mason Jar Margaritas from The Whole Smiths are the perfect treat to take along for any occasion. While they may not be technically paleo, they're pretty clean for a delicious cocktail.
Servings: 1 big mason jar
- 1 3/4 cups lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups juice mango, guava, peach, etc.
- 2 3/4 cups tequila blanco
- 1 1/3 cups Gran Marnier
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Kosher or margarita salt for rims
Other optional ingredients:
- Thinly sliced jalapeños to garnish if you're making the guava margaritas a small handful of basil to infuse into the peach margaritas or 1 teaspoon of Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning to add into the salt for the rim of the glass of your mango margaritas.
Add the lime juice, fruit juice of choice, tequila and Gran Marnier and optional cayenne to a 1/2 gallon mason jar and stir to combine. Add any additional ingredients you may like to infuse such as basil.
Cover with the lid and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours prior to serving.
To serve, wet the rims of a glass with a bit of lime juice and dip into the salt to rim the glass. Add the ice to your cup after you have salted the rims and pour margarita into the glass.
- Just a couple of seconds rolling the limes on the counter will tenderize them and make them way easier to juice, especially if they are a bit hard.
- Your margaritas can only be as good as the worst of its ingredients,” so cheap lime concentrate and crappy tequila are a no-no.
- When it comes to choosing which type of tequila to use, I'd say go for a silver/blanco, as the natural agave flavor and the true tequila taste are those of the un-aged spirit.