Whole30 Magic Green Sauce
This Whole30 Green Magic Sauce from the Whole Smiths is paleo and Whole30 compliant. It's bursting with fresh flavors and perfect on anything. Anything.
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped jalapeño
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Add the cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, almond milk, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes to the mayo and blend using an immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender add to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
Tips for making the best green sauce at home:
- I suggest that you try my 30-Second Mayo as the base. Not only is it Whole30 compliant but it's so easy. In fact, it's actually fun to make. I use an immersion blender and let science to the rest. And yes, it really takes 30 seconds to make.
- Use fresh jalapenos for this green sauce recipe. Canned ones work too but they will add a pickle taste to the sauce and will also make it taste a bit more acidic.
- You can make the sauce days before serving it and store it in the fridge covered with cling film.
Variations on this Whole30 Green Sauce recipe:
- You could thin the sauce out with a tad bit more almond milk and turn it into a flavorful green goddess dressing.
- If you don't like cilantro, use other herbs like parsley, dill and basil.
- For a kid-friendly version, leave out the jalapenos.