This Chimichurri Guacamole is brought to you by The Whole Smiths. It’s the best guacamole you’re going to have. Period. It pairs perfectly with traditional tortilla chips or equally delicious with veggies and beef jerky for those of you following a Whole30 or keto diet.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion about 1/4 of a medium sized onion
- 1/4 chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeño deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 avocados
Combine the cilantro, red onion, parsley, juice from 1/2 of the lime, garlic, jalapeño, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a small bowl and stir to combine.
Add the avocado to a larger bowl and mash into a chunky consistency. Add about 2/3 of the chimichurri mix into the avocado along with the juice from the remaining half of lime and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine well.
Add the olive oil to the remaining 1/3 of the chimichurri mix and stir to combine. Pour the chimichurri sauce over top of the guacamole and serve.
- Always mash your avocado prior to adding the ingredients. You want ingredients like tomatoes
to keep its shape and not get all mushed up.
- If you want a quick guacamole and don’t want to follow this recipe (you crazy girl) a simple way
to make last-minute guacamole is to mash your avocado with some salt and fold in your
- Hold on to your avocado pit to store any unused guacamole. Simply place the pit along with the guacamole into an airtight container and store refrigerated.
- Add unexpected flavors to your guacamole for added flavor. Things like pepitas, pinenuts and bacon are delicious!