Gluten-free S'mores Chia Seed Parfait
If you love s'mores you are going to love this Gluten-free S'mores Chia Seed Parfait recipe. All the flavors of the classic campfire treat but in a healthy parfait. Less messy to eat as well!
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 15- oz cans full fat coconut milk coconut one refrigerated for 8+ hours and one at room temp
- 1/3 cup 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup crushed gluten-free graham crackers I like Kinnickinnick
Add the room temperature can of coconut milk, the chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt to a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides and blend on high for an additional 20 seconds. Let the chia pudding cool for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Scrape the coconut cream out of the refrigerated can of coconut milk and into the cold mixing bowl and add the honey. Using a whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream for 2 to 3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
To assemble the parfait, divide the graham cracker crumbs amongst three serving dishes.
Divide the chocolate chia pudding over top of the graham crackers crumbs and top with the coconut whip.
Dust with cocoa powder or cinnamon to serve.
- Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer prior to whipping your coconut cream, this will ensure a cold and fluffy whipped topping.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and keep on hand. Make the components ahead of time and assemble the dessert by layers right before you eat it.
- For an extra bit of chocolate decadence add some chocolate chips to the chia pudding after it’s been blended.