Curry Chicken Salad Cabbage Cups
This recipe for Curry Chicken Salad Cabbage Cups from The Whole Smiths is the perfect make-ahead lunch. It makes for manageable meal prep and you’ll look forward to eating it time and time again.
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey omit for Whole30
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded about 3 cups
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- ½ cup salted cashew pieces
- ½ cup dried cherries or raisins, currants, dried blueberries
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions light green and white parts sliced thinly
- 1 head of cabbage leaves pulled off
In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper.
Add the chicken, celery, cashew, cherries, cilantro and green onions to the bowl and store to combine and coat the ingredients evenly.
Serve a scoop of the chicken salad in a cabbage leaf and roll into a wrap.
- Feel free to use other types of dried fruit you have on hand, cranberries, raisins, etc.
- The smaller you chop your chicken pieces, the better the texture of this chicken salad with be.
- Curry paste will also work in this recipe if that is all you have on hand. the amounts will be different so add it according to taste.