Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
A dairy-free ice cream from the Whole Smiths made with simple, whole ingredients. Loaded with fresh strawberries and a touch of honey. Perfect for hot summer nights!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 [1/2] cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
In a medium saucepan, combine the almond milk, 1/2 cup of honey, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Whisk the ingredients over medium heat. Once it is hot, slowly drizzle the beaten egg into the saucepan vigorously whisking. Continue to whisk for 3 to 4 minutes, pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, add the strawberries, remainder of the honey and lemon juice to a large saucepan over medium heat. Frequently stir the strawberries as the fruit breaks down. Continue to cook and reduce the strawberries down until they are a jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes.
Add the strawberries to the large bowl with the ice cream base and whisk in the strawberries. Let the ice cream base come to room temperature. Once it is at room temperature, add the ice cream base to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions.
- When the ice cream is done, fill up a large freezer-proof jar and store it in the freezer. You can dig in at any time.
- As far as the ice cream maker, any will work. Purchasing an ice cream maker has been such a wonderful thing in our family.
- Before serving, let the ice cream container sit on your kitchen counter for 10 minutes.