Hawaiian Spicy Creamy Poke
An easy to make Hawaiian ahi poke bowl that is gluten-free, low-carb and paleo friendly and even Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb. ahi tuna cut into half inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce in a pinch
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 C. chopped green onions
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. homemade mayo
- 2 Tbsp. siracha
Add chopped ahi to a large bowl
Add coconut aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce) and sesame oil to ahi and toss to coat
In a small bowl combine mayo and siracha
Add mayo mix to ahi and toss to coat
Add green onions, shallots and sesame seeds to ahi, toss to coat
Salt to taste
- I recommend making your own mayo for this poke recipe. You can find my 30-Second Mayo recipe HERE.
- And lets talk siracha. Fortunately there's a few different types of clean searches available now. Whole Foods Market has several. Make sure to read your labels and find one with ingredients that you're comfortable with. Most will have a bit of sugar in them, rendering them NOT compliant for your Whole30. However, if you're doing a WHole30 and you'd still like to try this poke recipe out, just add any hot sauce that IS compliant. Trust me, there are plenty!
- For Whole30, make sure to stick with the coconut aminos and NOT the gluten-free soy sauce.