Blt Paleo Coleslaw
BLT Cole Slaw from the Whole Smiths. Avocado oil mayonnaise based, paleo friendly, gluten-free and easy to make Whole30 compliant.
Servings: 4 -6
- 6 C. shredded cole slaw
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1/4 C. chopped basil
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 C. Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C. honey omit for Whole30
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- Pinch of salt
Add four slices of bacon to a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until you have bacon bits
Chop other 4 pieces roughly and set aside
In a small bowl, whisk Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, white balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard powder and salt until fully combined
Once whisked, add bacon "bits" to dressing and stir to combine
In a large bowl add cage, carrots, basil, tomato halves and roughly chopped bacon
Pour dressing over cage mix and toss to coat
- To make this paleo coleslaw Whole30 compliant, make sure to leave the honey out of the dressing and use compliant mayonnaise and bacon.
- You can find pre-shredded cabbage and carrots in most grocery stores. It saved so much time.
- When chopping the basil, make sure your knife is sharp. Basil bruises very easily. If your knife is dull, you tend to bruise the basil leaves and crush the edges rather than slice them cleanly.
- Refrigerate your creamy paleo coleslaw one hour before serving to allow the salt to draw out moisture and marry all the flavors.