Thousand Island Dressing + Wedge Salad
This Whole30 compliant Thousand Island Dressing + Wedge Salad from The Whole Smiths will knock your socks off! Easy to make and delicious any time!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated onion
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 hardboiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons dill or sweet pickle relish (make sure to use a compliant dill
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce cored and cut into 8 wedges (cut into 1/4s then again down the middle of each quarter)
- 8 slices of bacon cut into bite sized pieces and cooked
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
Add the mayo, tomato paste, onion, almond milk, vinegar, coconut aminos, paprika and salt to a jar or bowl and using an immersion bender, blend until smooth. Crumble one of the hardboiled eggs into the dressing and pulse the immersion blender several times to integrate the eggs into the dressing without blending it completely. Stir in the pickle relish and set aside.
To assemble the salad place the iceberg wedges onto a plate and add about 1/4 of the dressing over top along with 1/4 of the bacon pieces and cherry tomatoes over top. Crumble or chop one of the hardboiled eggs and sprinkle over top.
Repeat with remaining ingredients for a total of 4 servings.