Quinoa Kale Harvest Bowl
These Kale + Quinoa Harvest Bowls from The Whole Smiths are perfect for your Fall. Loaded up with some of your favorite hearty, healthy eats it’s cozy enough for Fall but won’t leave you feeling stuffed. Not to mention, it’s gluten-free and you have the option to make it dairy-free.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and iced into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces chopped tuscan lacinto kale, stems removed (about 10 stems of kale)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pecans candied or salted, your choice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 crumbled blue cheese optional
- 1 cup Lemon Tahini Dressing
Preheat the oven to 425* F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the sweet potato with the olive oil and salt. Spread the sweet potato evenly in one layer onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast the sweet potato for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Remove the sweet potato bites and let them cool to room temp.
To assemble the salad bowl, plate the kale and top with 1/4 of the sweet potatoes, 1/4 of the quinoa, 1/4 of the cranberries and 1/4 of the blue cheese (optional). Pour dressing (recipe here) over top to taste and sprinkle with a touch of additional salt if desired.
- Make sure to remove the stems thoroughly from your kale prior to chopping it. No one like a tough stem in their salad.
- Also, make sure to chop your kale into bite-sized pieces. No need to a giant hunk you need to cut up.
- Feel free to add a sprinkle of salt over top. Kale is quite cruciferous and I find tends to taste a bit better with a bit more salt. But then again, I like salty things. You do you but it’s ok to add a touch more salt if you like things on the saltier side.