Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread
A grain-free Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread from the Whole Smiths brought to you by New Barn Organic Almondmilk. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite around the house! Gluten-free.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons New Barn Organic Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder baking
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350* F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
In a large bowl add the bananas and almond milk and mash them well using a fork until incorporated.
Add the almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, cocoa powder, eggs, baking powder, vinegar, and vanilla to the bowl and stir to combine thoroughly.
Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let rest 30 minutes prior to serving.
- I like to use Grade B maple syrup, which has a more intense flavor. Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey.
- Paleo-friendly cocoa powder is available in some grocery stores and online. Select a powder that is unsweetened and non-alkaline (NOT processed with alkali and NOT dutch-processed). The only ingredient on the package should be 100% (ideally organic) natural cocoa powder.
- When using a skewer or toothpick to check for doneness, check in more than one place. If you stick the tester into a chunk of banana rather than the batter, you could get a false reading