Football, Family and Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Tacos from the Whole Smiths with a Whole30 option. So easy to whip up and perfect for your gameday food cravings. A definite crowd-pleaser. Gluten-free.
Servings: 8 tacos
- 4 cups chopped cooked and warmed chicken I like to use a rotisserie chicken to keep things easy but any chicken will do
- 4 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar white, champagne or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 [1/4] cups slaw mix
- 8 corn tortillas warmed or 2 bell peppers hollowed out for Whole30
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese optional
Combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise and Frank's Red Hot together. Salt to taste.
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the slaw mix and toss to coat.
To assemble the tacos add a some of the slaw onto the warmed tortilla and add the chicken salad. Top with the optional crumbled blue cheese and additional hot sauce to taste.
To make Whole30 compliant stuff the slaw and chicken salad into the cavity of a hollowed out bell pepper.