Gluten-Free Chunky Monkey Cookies
These Gluten-Free Chunky Monkey Breakfast Cookies from The Whole Smiths are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy families and picky eaters. They're gluten-free, portable and easy-to-make.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 16 cookies
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 medium banana mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks semi-sweet or dark
Preheat the oven to 350* F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Add the eggs, mashed banana, syrup, vanilla and almond extract to a large bowl and combine well.
To the same bowl add the oats, almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine well.
Fold the walnuts and chocolate chunks into the batter.
Spoon about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of the batter onto the parchment paper and bake for 13-14 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned on the edges. The batter will look loose but don't worry, the cookies will hold their shape!
- If possible use Ceylon Cinnamon instead of Cassia. If your package from the grocery store simply says cinnamon it is most likely the latter, which does not share Ceylon's blood sugar-lowering properties.
- Don't skip the salt! It enhances the flavor of your healthy breakfast cookies.
- Make sure you use ripe bananas for this recipe. You can