Here’s another Flash Recipe for you guys. In case you’ve missed them in the past (they’re flash recipes, remember?), these recipes are designed to get onto your plate fast and easily. And I keep these blog posts short and sweet. Which means, less jokes and less fun. But at least the food still rocks, right?
But it does mean that I can get more food and killer recipes your way faster.
So that’s ok, right?
You know I love keeping veggies interesting and this recipe is no exception. The herbs, the pinenuts… it’s all good. And even better, the ingredients are easy to add to the recipe and prep is minimal.
On a final note, I will leave you with one tip… if your grocery story carries tri-colored carrots, go for those. They’re so 2017. And are totally bougie compared to boring ‘ol orange carrots.
- 2 lbs. whole carrots, peeled
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled peeled
- 1 Tbsp. +1/4 C. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ C. toasted pine nuts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 415*
- Toss the carrots, garlic, 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt together
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread carrots evenly across in one layer
- Remove garlic after 10 minutes of roasting and continue to roast carrots for an additional 15 minutes (for a total of 25 minutes)
- Meanwhile smash roasted garlic into a bowl
- Add ¼ C. olive oil, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and salt to the bowl and combine well
- Once carrots are done, spoon pine nut mixture over top, sprinkle with chives and serve