What the hell does nuance have to do with wellness?!
Working out to the extreme, or not working out at all.
Carb cutting, or carb-loading.
Cutting out all technology, or using it for everything.
Here’s the point: a black and white way of thinking isn’t healthy, and it’s not helping our wellness or our well-being in any sense of the word.
That’s where nuance comes in, and why we are discussing the need to embrace nuance in today’s episode. If you’re unfamiliar with what we mean by nuance, you’re in the right place because we are breaking it all down today.
We live in a beautiful world full of choices and more information than ever at our fingertips. Making space for nuance allows us to continue learning, growing, and it keeps us from feeling handcuffed to old ways of thinking with no rationale. Ultimately, embracing nuance gives us space to continue being well, learning, and growing and that’s why it’s so important. Listen today to learn more.
- Defining nuance.
- Why trying to make a positive spin on everything is ridiculous.
- The importance of being able to accept that some parts of life simply suck…and that’s ok.
- The impact that marrying ourselves to ideologies has on us.
- Why critical thinking is so essential.
- Michelle teases everyone with a story that she never tells. Email complaints to [email protected]
Links Mentioned in Episode/Find More on The Whole Smiths:
- Join our Patreon Community HERE!
- Order Athletic Greens HERE
- Order my new cookbook HERE!
- IG: @thewholesmiths
- IG: @getwellthypodcast