This “recipe” is so easy that I almost decided not to do a blog post for it. But it’s just too tasty and easy to make that I’ve got to add it to the blog. That and I really love the picture. 😉 I had initially posted this Sweet Potato eggs bennedict knock-off over on the Instagram feed for Whole30Recipes and everyone loved it. (And let’s be honest, this one-minute hollandaise is really the star of the show.) But it can be hard to track your favorite recipes via Instagram so I figured creating a blog post would be an easier way to people to bookmark and Pin the recipe. Feel free to take a moment and Pin it now!
On to the breakfast! It’s a bit reminiscent of an eggs benedict from the flavors of the hollandaise, egg and tomato but instead it’s stacked up on a roasted sweet potato. And yes, this is Whole30 compliant. Just make sure to use ghee instead of butter when you make the hollandaise. You can find the recipe for the hollandaise HERE. It has got to be the easiest hollandaise sauces you’ll ever make as it’s made right in your blender, no more whisking your hand off!
I’m short on words this afternoon so, I’ll let this little breakfast meal speak for itself!
- 1 sweet potato sliced and roasted
- olive oil
- 2 Aidelle’s Chicken Apple Sausages sliced
- 4 eggs to scramble
- 3 egg yolks for hollandaise
- 1/ C. ghee melted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- dash of compliant hot sauce like Tabasco
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Light coat sweet potato discs with olive oil salt + pepper
- Lay sweet potatoes on baking sheet spacing evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet with a tiny bit of ghee and sauté sausages, set aside when done
- In a blender add 3 eggs, lemon juice and hot sauce and blend on high until it thickens
- Slowly drizzle ghee into blender while blender is still on
- Your hollandaise will emulsify and thicken
- Scramble eggs and cook in separate skillet
- Stack sweet potato, tomato, scrambled egg, chicken apple and top with hollandaise