For many of us, 2020 has left us feeling unsettled, discontent, and disappointed in more ways than one.
Unfortunately, a lot of it can be due to the unnecessary and unrealistic standards that we hold ourselves to. Today, Robyn Conley Downs is sharing with us her poignant advice on how to let go of these unneeded expectations in order to create lives that are more joyful and peaceful. Listen to this episode to get the encouragement you need to shift your mindset to pursue a life of intentionality, peace, and ultimately wellness, not only this holiday season, but all year around.
Things We Discussed In The Episode/Episode Highlights:
- How to turn life’s obligations or the “shoulds” into moments of joy or “goods.”
- How to give yourself permission to take pauses in order to feel more peace
- How to teach your kids self-compassion
- The importance of giving ourselves permission to feel disappointment so we don’t stay stuck
- How to give yourself permission to let go of obligations that bring you stress
- Michelle and Robyn talk about how the first time they met, they had a sleepover in a dive hotel
Find More on Robyn:
- IG: @RealFoodWholeLife
- The Feel Good Effect Podcast
- Order Her Book Here: The Feel Good Effect
Links Mentioned in Episode/Find More on The Whole Smiths:
- Get 15% off Real Coco Creamers on Amazon with the code: GETWELLTHY15
- Preorder my new cookbook HERE!
- IG: @thewholesmiths
- IG: @getwellthypodcast